The protection and preservation of the environment and stable climatic conditions, as well as the right of public participation in environmental decision-making in public spaces, are emerging as topics of special significance, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. The need for integrated protection of natural goods of general interest, harmonization with the EU acquis, the need to simultaneously overcome the COVID-19 crisis and implement the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans raises numerous questions, some of them being: is environmental protection a priority during the pandemic and, if so, which aspects of environmental protection represent the primary concern; have the measures limiting public gatherings had an impact on public participation in decision-making; and, do the proposed legislative amendments and additions complete the environmental protection system, with clear criteria for an environmental impact assessment of the related activities and the decisions to support their pursuit?
- Coalition 27. 2020. Chapt er 27 in Serbia: Progress in lockdown. Belgrade: Young Researchers of Serbia.
- Croft, Daniel P., Wangjian Zhang, Shao Lin, Sally W. Thurston, Philip K. Hopke, Mauro Masiol, Stefania Squizzato, Edwin van Wijngaarden, Mark J Utell, David Q. Rich. 3/2019. The Association between Respiratory
Infection and Air Pollution in the Setting of Air Quality Policy and Economic Change. Annals of the American Thoracic Society 16: 321–330.
- Duffy Helen, Lucy Maxwell. 2020. People v Arctic Oil before Supreme Court of Norway – What’s at Stake for Human Rights Protection in the Climate Crisis?. EJIL:Talk!. 13 November. https://www.ejiltalk.org/people-v-arctic-oil-before-supreme-court-of-norway-whats-at-stake-for-human-rights-protection-in-the-climate-crisis/ (last visited 24 September, 2022). M. Drenovak-Ivanović (p. 1129–1145)
1144 Аnnals BLR 4/2022
- Drenovak-Ivanović, Mirjana. 2020. Green Agenda for the Western Balkans: Guidelines for Amending Environmental Legislation. 133–144 in Vol. 10 of Perspectives of Implementation of European Standards in
Serbian Legal System, edited by Stevan Lilić. Belgrade: University of Belgrade Faculty of Law.
- Drenovak-Ivanović, Mirjana. 2021a. The Impact of the Revised EU Enlargement Methodology on Serbia’s Legal Capacity for Green Transition. 217–234 in Institutional Changes as a Determinant of the Economic Development of the Republic of Serbia, edited by Petar Veselinović, Milan Kostić. University of Kragujevac Faculty of Economics.
- Drenovak-Ivanović, Mirjana. 2021b. Legal Position of Representatives of Collective and Broader Interests of the Public in Environmental Protection. Belgrade: University of Belgrade Faculty of Law.
- Fos, Peter John, Peggy Ann Honore, Russel L. Honore. 2/2021. Air Pollution and COVID-19: A Comparison of Europe and the United States. European Journal of Environment and Public Health 5: em0074. https://doi.org/10.21601/ejeph/9706
- Gerrard, Michael B. 2020. Emergency Exemptions from Environmental Laws. Columbia Law School Faculty Scholarship: 81–88.
- Greenpeace Norge. 2021. People vs. Arctic Oil – Summary of the Case. 10 June. https://www.greenpeace.org/norway/nyheter/9306/people-vsarctic-oil-summary-of-the-case/ (last visited 24 September, 2022).
- Kan, Hai-Dong, Bing Heng Chen, Chaowei Fu, Shunzhang Yu. 1/2005. Relationship Between Ambient Air Pollution and Daily Mortality of SARS in Beijing. Biomed Environ Sci 18: 1–4.
- Kuzman, Miloš. 2/2021. Legal Aspects of Carbon Dioxide Emissions Rights Trading in the Republic of Serbia. Energija, Ekonomija, Ekologija XXIII: 31–34. https://doi.org/10.46793/EEE21-2.31K
- Macchi, Chiara, Josephine van Zeben. 3/2021. Business and human rights implications of climate change litigation: Milieudefensie et al.v Royal Dutch Shell. Review of European, Comparative & International
Environmental Law 30: 409–415.
- MacGillivray Alba. 2022. The People vs. Arctic Oil: The Court Battle Between Activists & Norway. Impakter. 3 May. https://impakter.com/the-people-vs-arctic-oil-the-court-battle-between-activists-norway/ (last visited 24 September, 2022).
- Norouzi, Nima, Elham Ataei. 1/2021. Covid-19 Crisis and Environmental Law: Opportunities and Challenges. Hasanuddin Law Review 7: 46–60. https://doi.org/10.20956/halrev.v7i1.2772
- Popović, Mirko. 2021. Analiza procesa usvajanja zakona u Republici Srbiji – Zakon o izmenama i dopunama Zakona o zaštiti prirode. Otvoreni Parlament.
- Reuters. 2022. Norway asks Human Rights Court to Dismiss Arctic Oil Case. 28 April. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/norway-asks-human-rights-court-dismiss-arctic-oil-case-2022-04-27/ (last visited 24 September, 2022).
- Rowell, Arden. 2020. COVID-19 and Environmental Law. Envtl. L. Rep. 50: 10881–10887. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3582879
- Shao, Longyi, Yaxin Cao, Tim Jones, M. Santosh, Luis F. O. Silva, Shuoyi Ge, Kátia da Boit, Xiaolei Feng, Mengyuan Zhang, Kelly BéruBé. 2022. COVID-19 Mortality and Exposure to Airborne PM2.5: A Lag Time Correlation. Science of The Total Environment 806: 151286. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.151286
- Sicard, Pierre, Evgenios Agathokleous, Alessandra De Marco, Elena Paoletti, Vicent Calatayud. 1/2021. Urban Population Exposure to Air Pollution in Europe over the last Decades. Environmental Sciences Europe 33: 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12302-020-00450-2
- Squintani, Lorenzo, Goda Perlaviciute. 2020. Access to Public Participation: Unveiling the Mismatch Between What Law prescribes and What the Public Wants. 133–147 in Research Handbook on EU Environmental Law, edited by Marjan Peeters and Mariolina Eliantonip. Cheltenham, UK – Northampton MA: Edward Elgar Publishing. https://doi.org/10.4337/9781788970679.00017
- Wu, Xiao, Rachel C. Nethery, M. Benjamin Sabath, Danielle Braun. 6/2020. Air Pollution and COVID-19 Mortality in the United States: Strengths and Limitations of an Ecological Regression Analysis. Science advances 45: eabd4049. https://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.abd4049